Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Transmissions From Closed Society: Tadamun al Murtadin from Morocco



The following is from a young man living in Morocco who we will call Tadamun al Murtadin, or Tad.  Tad is 18 years old: Follow Tad at twitter.com/Tadamunn and facebook.com/tadamun.almurtadin

Apostate in Morocco

My name is Tadamun, I'm a 18 years, I'm an Ex-Muslim atheist. I live in Morocco and I study in college currently. As an apostate I face persecution, oppression and violence from society and even from my family.

   I left Islam more than 1 years ago, after a long time of reading and seeking the truth. I was 17 years old back then. I was never okay with blindly following, as a skeptical person i couldn't keep believing without evidence, especially when i start to notice the brutal, cruel teaching of Islam and the many illogical things in Quran. So when i got the chance to read more about Islam, and raise my scientific knowledge, especially reading about Evolution theory, i realized that scientific method is the only true way of knowing, and that Islam is literally a source of terrorism all around the world, so i ended up being an atheist.

  Talking about my family, I'm literally in a quite hard situation dealing with my extremist father, who's forcing me to Islam, he did punch me several times just because I don't pray and do other Islamic things, and he's keep threatening. He once said to me: "If I see you talking bad about Islam one more time, i will kick you out of my house, and I won't consider you my son anymore". That hurts, he's so cruel when it comes to Islam, he can even kill me if he figured out that I'm no longer a Muslim.

    I have two little innocent sisters, I love them so much, and I feel sorry when I think that they will be raised as Muslims too, I wish to do something about it when they're old enough. but I am not rich, and it's quite hard for a young guy like me to find a job in this country. I can't blame my mother for being a Muslim inside this manly society which is under the control of men. My father for example, he have complete control over my mother, and she can't do anything about it, he decides what she should wear, when she's allowed to go out, and if she didn't obey him he punches her, it makes me so sad seeing my mother treated like this, this what it's like to live in a Muslim country no one cares about Humans rights.

  This society is sick, during summer days I will have to starve myself, and hide myself if I want to drink just a cup of water because of Ramadan, and if I do eat something in public I will immediately go to jail. Also there is no LGBT rights over here, one of my best friends is gay, and he's treated so cruel, religious people are making fun of him, and even they try to fight him. One day In college, one of the teachers there was treating my friend so bad in class when he knows that he's gay, I tried to defend him by discussing the whole thing with him, I explained to him that homosexuality isn't a choice.  And it exists in several animals as well as humans so it's completely natural thing, as expected from a Muslim teacher he got mad, and I was about to get fired from college because of that. I ended up getting a very bad treatment from my classmates and other teachers. We're in a bad situation just because we're different, just because we're using our brain to think. I hope one day I will be able to continue my study in a better place, where I can peacefully express myself and study what I'm passionate about.

  Since I became an atheist, I have convinced 3 of my close friends to leave Islam, because I wanna be a part of this revolution against this culture, to open the eyes of people to see what Islamic doctrine really is. And I will always fight against any inhumane behavior. I need help to build my life, to learn and study, and most of all to keep myself safe, because it's really dangerous to be around all of these starving Muslims

  Just like any other young man in this world, I have my own dreams. I wanna live in a secular country and continue my study there. To be honest I have a lot of financial problems stopping me from leaving Morocco, my Muslims family doesn't support me, and they're doubting that I'm an atheist. I love computer science and I'm really into graphic design, I wanna be a creative literate man, and it would be awesome if I got the chance to study In a great university to study Graphic design or Computer science. But I'm facing these problems that stopping me to develop myself and have a good life.

Tadamun al Murtadin
Morocco

No comments:

Post a Comment